Monday, November 30, 2015

Pregnancy Updates: Rounding Out the Second Trimester

Hello!!

I took a blog leave of absence for a few weeks, but get this - a lot has transpired. We put our house up for sale shortly after the wedding. After just three weeks or so, we had an offer, acceptance and contract! Here's the kicker - they requested a closing date of November 30th. Generally, this is all good news. The only problem was that we had not begun our own home search. After a few days of searching, we found the perfect house! We are moving to East Memphis on December 1st, so we have been busy packing and preparing for the move. It was too much to think about to attempt to keep the blog going, so I just let myself have a break.

What have you missed, pregnancy-wise? 

Our daughter is still in there, and she is a mover and a shaker. At my last ultrasound (23 weeks), we were able to capture some pretty vivid ultrasound photos of her. I posted them the day of our appointment, and I thought it was hilarious that she wanted nothing to do with showing her face. These 4D ultrasounds are simply surreal.

Weight: I am up 6 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight and 10 pounds if you count the first-trimester weight loss. If you were wondering what 10 pounds looks like on a 5'1" frame, see below. I have grown quite the little baby bump over the last few weeks. It's fun 85% of the time. The other 15% it feels so incredibly tight. I know, I know. Everyone says just wait.

Baby Size: Poor ultrasound techs. I ask them each time to tell me how big she is because I am paranoid about having a large baby (due to Diabetes). Thankfully, she is measuring on the smaller side of normal (34th percentile), but I know all of that can change.

Nutrition: Sub-par. With packing the house and being so busy lately, we are never stocked with fresh groceries. In fact, our refrigerator and pantry are completely empty. As a result, we have been eating out a lot. I cannot WAIT to get in our new kitchen, go to the grocery store and start this last three months with the right choices. We are going to be five-minutes from Pure Barre, so I am also excited about getting back on track with that!

Symptoms: A little reflux. A lot of bathroom trips. My sleep is starting to worsen, but part of that is the chest congestion that has come on strong. Growth spurt. Lots of night-time kicking. Also, I cannot eat a lot at once. I get full fast, but I get hungry often. I would prefer more frequent small meals, but our schedule has been so bonkers that I just eat when I can.

Purchases: Clothes for Baby P! Now that we have a house, it is time to start planning the nursery!

Diabetes: It has still been pretty easy and predictable so far. I haven't worn the Dexcom as often. I've accidentally ripped it off twice. As is the common refrain, once we settle in the new place, I will get back to the new routine!

I cannot wait to share pics of the house with you guys! It is going to be so awesome to feel settled and ride out the last few months of this journey as a twosome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips