- Snoogle. I still think this is psychological for me at this point because my size has yet to make me uncomfortable; nonetheless, it still makes for more comfortable positions and full-body support.
- Folgers 1/2 Caff. I vacillate among using decaf, 1/2 caff and full-bodied coffee. It depends on the day and what's available. Folgers 1/2 Caff seems to be the nicest compromise between flavor and reasonable levels of caffeine.
- Honest Belly Balm. While I am probably not as religious about applying this as other moms-to-be, I try to do it after each shower. I love the consistency and how long it seems to keep my skin moisturized. It is also nice having peace of mind that it will accommodate skin sensitivities. Coconut oil also seems to work well.
- Maternity clothing. I would venture to say I didn't probably need them until around week 22 or so, but maternity clothes have always been more comfortable than anything with a real waistband. Who am I kidding? That's true in real life. If I had been pregnant 10 years ago, I would look like a giant Juicy Couture velour Muppet.
- Antacids. The last few weeks have had more episodes of reflux. Truthfully, I can often tie it back to a poor dietary choice I have made so maybe it was avoidable, but it is hard to tell if it is pregnancy or food choice sometimes. I don't abuse them. I don't really use any meds until things get dire.
- Braids. I look like a 14-year old Teen Mom when I do this hairdo, but it has been such a time saver when I just want more sleep. I tie my towel-dried hair into a braid and wear it the first few hours of the day. Once I undo it, my hair is long enough to actually keep a decent wave.
- Chapstick or Aquaphor. My lips stay dry.
What were/are some of your second trimester favorites, new moms and moms-to-be?